Trackwise technical capabilities
From the complex to the time-critical
We work closely with clients from around the world, delivering tailored solutions to their RF PCB challenges. Our customers’ products span many industries and markets including high-end, time-critical radio frequency and microwave PCBs.
Quality without compromise
We pair world-class PCB technical expertise with speed. Because we hold a very wide variety of RF laminates in stock, we can guarantee fast lead times.
We’re proud to be an independently-owned company. It means we are totally committed to excellent customer service, driven to exceed time and budget expectations, and understand the need for complete confidentiality.
This table shows our normal manufacturing parameters. However, we’re always happy to discuss your specific needs, whether it’s developing a prototype or sourcing a particular high-performance material. Just talk to our Technical Services team.
- Double-sided, through-hole plated
Finishes (ROHS Compliant)
- Electroless tin
- Immersion silver
- Hot air solder level (lead free)
- Hard gold
- Electroless nickel immersion gold (ENIG)
- Electroless nickel/palladium immersion gold (ENEPIG)
- Autocatalytic silver immersion gold (ASIG)
- We can offer all standard solder masks, photoimageable or UV curing
- We have developed and patented a PFTE-loaded solder resist specifically for use on phase shifters for variable electrical tilt (VET) antennas
- 100% visual inspection to IPC-6018 (Microwave/ RF products)
- 100% visual inspection to IPC-A-600 (digital/ analogue products)
- Electronic Test (“roving probe” and “bed-of-nails”, as appropriate, optional)
- BS EN ISO 9001:2008
- BS EN ISO 14001:2004
- Cyber Essentials Plus
- Minimum track - 0.025mm (0.001”)
- Minimum gap - 0.025mm (0.001”)
- Minimum drill - 0.3 mm (0.012”) (finished, after plating)
- Maximum panel size - 610mm x 457mm (24" x 18”) (DSPTH, Multilayer)
- Maximum panel size - 2800mm by 610mm (110" x 24”) (DSNPTH)
- Maximum PCB thickness - 6.35mm (0.25”)
Flex PCB Manufacturing Parameters
- Flexible multilayer PCBs of any length (>8m, 300 inches)
- 70 – 80% weight reduction over conventional harness technology
Antenna and RF capabilities
Our expertise and depth of experience across a very wide range of antenna and RF markets and applications allows us to be confident in delivering cost efficient, reliable and high performing PCBs whatever the particular challenge of your sector.
Whether your application is on land, sea, air or space, whether at VHF frequencies or K Band, whether a first-off prototype or on-shoring of mature production, whether on PTFE, FR4 or flex , Trackwise will bring the same level of expertise to bear.
Customers around the world have learned to trust us to deliver antenna and RF PCB solutions that provide reliable connectivity under the most demanding conditions.
PIM (Passive intermodulation)
As the airways have become ever more congested with the growth of cellular network traffic, PIM has become an increasing issue for network operators and manufacturers alike.
The antenna PCB, whilst by no means the sole contributor to PIM, is nonetheless a critical component in the performance of the cellular communication system.
Trackwise has invested many hours into testing and developing a deep understanding of the design and manufacturing parameters that can affect the PIM performance of antenna PCBs. As PIM levels of -115 dBm/-158 dBc and lower are increasingly becoming a necessary performance requirement of RF components, trust Trackwise' experience and expertise in meeting the fine parameters and consistency of manufacture required to produce low PIM antenna PCBs.
Improved Harness Technology™ (IHT)
A patented process innovation (UK Patent 2498994, U.S. Patent 9226410) has extended Trackwise’ capability to the manufacture of flexible multilayer printed circuit boards of any length, more than 8m/300 inches in length, making these the world’s largest flexible multilayer PCBs.
In high value, mass- critical applications, boards of such length can be used as an alternative to traditional wiring harnesses, offering significant benefits in terms of reliability, repeatability and moreover in the reduction of space required and weight – up to 75% saving.
For more details please visit Improved Harness Technology™
As part of our flexible service offer, we can accommodate supplier finance agreements. Where appropriate we have implemented Kanban and Managed Vendor Suites to optimise service delivery to our customers. If you have specific service requirements to support your business needs, please do not hesitate to ask.
Please click on relevant title for PDF download:
1. Terms and Conditions